I’ve worked on a wide range of projects, from triple-A console shooters to educational and social games.
If you need design help with a game project, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Facebook game based on the popular TV series.
- Role: Contract Designer/Writer
- Highlights: Scripted levels in XML, balanced experience curves, wrote mission copy
Dragonica Online (aka Dragon Saga)
Fast-paced F2P action MMO in the vein of Maple Story for the PC.
- Role: Product Manager
- Highlights: Managed complete English localization of in-game text from the Korean, managed in-game events, managed American localization of game content, co-authored internal story bible, demoed game at internal, press and consumer events
360/PS3/PC FPS that lets you slow, stop and reverse time to conquer your enemies.
- Role: Associate Producer/Designer
- Highlights: Wrote in-game scripts, marketing copy and walkthroughs; managed motion capture process; primary publisher liaison for the production team; organized focus groups; demoed game at press and consumer events
2v2 local multiplayer sports/action hybrid for the Ouya, PC and Arcade. In development with Studio Mercato.
- Role: Game Design, Production
- A memorable, unique aesthetic: Think ESPN meets Lord of the Rings
- Fast local multiplayer action with alterable terrain
- Four unique characters with specialized abilities
- Digital Showcase Selection, Boston Festival of Indie Games (2013)
Abstract strategy game closely modeled after accurate ancient Greek battle tactics. In development for iOS, Android and Windows 8 tablets with Studio Mercato.
- Role: Production
- Pick-up-and-play game design lets new players understand the rules in minutes, with unlimited potential for high-skill play.
- Based on the tabletop version by Josh Raab, and refined over two years of design and testing.
- Tabletop Showcase Selection, Boston Festival of Indies Games (2013)
- The tabletop version won the 2013 Strategy Game Ion Award, and is being published in 2014 from Eagle Games.
Don’t F**k Up
2-6 player pub game of skill, reflexes, and a test of your ability to follow one simple instruction. In development with Studio Mercato.
- Role: Game Design
- Score points by shooting the ball into your opponent’s goal.
- Touch anywhere within your crease to grow a protection sphere.
- The longer you hold, the bigger the sphere, the faster the ball bounces off. Anticipate the ball’s path to best defend yourself.
- Whatever you do – Don’t F**k Up!
The Last Monster Master
An original text-based multiple choice game. In development for Choice of Games.
- Role: Original concept, writing and development
- Contracted by Choice of Games to develop an original property.
- Raise your brood of monsters for careers as treasure guardians, bodyguards and colossal builders – but pick a career path they enjoy, or face the consequences.
I Am Trying to Tell You Something
A brief experiment in branching game narrative (PC, GameMaker).
- Role: Sole developer
- Your friend has something important to tell you. How you treat him affects how much he’s willing to share.
- Download (Zip)
PC/Mac educational title designed to teach history to middle school students.
- Role: Design/Writing Consultant
- Highlights: Scripted levels in proprietary XML editor, wrote and revised text and dialog